Tuesday, 20 April 2021 »  Login
in
»
I am at

GHMC To Procure More Swachh Autos

The GHMC recently acquired 650 more Swachh Auto Tippers to improve sanitation within the Greater Hyderabad area.
Hyderabad | 24th March 2021
The Telangana government and the GHMC authorities have been using Swachh Auto Tippers (SATs) to improve sanitation within the Greater Hyderabad area for quite some time now.

As the need for more tippers was felt, it was decided that 650 more tippers would be procured and added to the existing fleet of 2,500 vehicles. The addition will enable the vehicles to cover all 30 circles in the GHMC area more efficiently.

They will be procured under a driver-cum-owner scheme, where 10% of the cost of each unit will be borne by the beneficiaries, rag pickers. The remaining 90% will be covered by the GHMC that will acquire loans from the Canara Bank at the rate of 8% per annum for a period of 72 months.

(The vehicles are provided by Automotive Manufacturers Private Limited. The makers were selected through a tendering process at the rate of Rs 6,86,701 for each vehicle. The total cost of the project is Rs 44,63,55,650.)

The allotment of the SATs will be based solely on the number of uncovered dumping areas in each circle, and the process has reportedly has been kept entirely transparent. Each tipper will cover 600 households.

This project has been welcomed by many as they feel that it is undoubtedly an important stepping stone in the journey of creating a 'Swachh Hyderabad'.

The TRS government has been involved in many projects to help create a clean and green Telangana. Just last month, it had organised a massive tree-plantation drive to celebrate the 67th birth anniversary of Chief Minister K Chandrashekar Rao. As many as 1 crore saplings were planted across the state.
filed in:  Hyderabad, GHMC, Waste Management, Sanitation, Government Schemes
COMMENTS
Be the first to comment on GHMC To Procure More Swachh Autos! Just use the simple form below.
LEAVE A COMMENT
fullhyd.com has 700,000+ monthly visits. Tell Hyderabad what you feel about GHMC To Procure More Swachh Autos!
[no link to your name will appear, overriding global settings]
To preserve integrity, fullhyd.com allows ratings/comments only with a valid email. Your comments will be accepted once you give your email, and will be deleted if the email is not authenticated within 24 hours.
My name:

Dissatisfied with the results? Report a problem or error, or add a listing.
ADVERTISEMENT
SHOUTBOX!
{{todo.name}}
{{todo.date}}
[
]
{{ todo.summary }}... expand »
{{ todo.text }} « collapse
First  |  Prev  |   1   2  3  {{current_page-1}}  {{current_page}}  {{current_page+1}}  {{last_page-2}}  {{last_page-1}}  {{last_page}}   |  Next  |  Last
{{todos[0].name}}

{{todos[0].text}}

ADVERTISEMENT
This page was tagged for
hyderabad March 2021 News
Hyderabad news
GHMC updates
Follow fullhyd.com on
© Copyright 1999-2009 LRR Technologies (Hyderabad), Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. fullhyd, fullhyderabad, Welcome To The Neighbourhood are trademarks of LRR Technologies (Hyderabad) Pvt Ltd. The textual, graphic, audio and audiovisual material in this site is protected by copyright law. You may not copy, distribute, or use this material except as necessary for your personal, non-commercial use. Any trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. More on Hyderabad, India. Jobs in Hyderabad.