A fire broke out in a TV repair shop in Ramalayam Road of Hyderabad's Kukatpally area today.
An electrical short circuit was what reportedly caused the mishap.
While no casualties were reported, the electronic items and furniture in the shop were severely damaged.
The locals from the residential colonies nearby and the owners of other shops in the neighbourhood were the first to notice the smoke that was billowing out of the shop's premises. They immediately informed the fire department and the Kukatpally police.
Two fire engines rushed to the site and successfully doused the fire soon after.
The police instructed the owners of the other stores nearby to close their shops for the duration of the fire-fighting operation as a precautionary measure.
Despite the timely efforts of the fire department, however, since the shop had plenty of TVs to be repaired, the fire caused huge damages.
This is the second such fire to have broken out in Kukatpally in the last two months. On November 15, 2020, a fire
, also caused by a short circuit, engulfed a hardware shop in the Kukatpally Housing Board area. Several electrical and electronic items in the shop were destroyed in the accident.