Congress Promises Rs 50,000 Flood Relief, Free Covid Treatment
Desperate to win an election in the state, the party made a bunch of promises including free water supply and free local transport for women.
Hyderabad | 24th November 2020
The Congress promised Rs 50,000 to every family affected by the recent floods in the city, and Rs 5 lakh and Rs 2.5 lakh respectively for fully and partially destroyed houses, if voted to power in the GHMC elections.
It also promised an ex-gratia amount of Rs 25 lakh to the families of those who lost their lives due to the floods.
AICC Telangana in-charge Manickam Tagore released the party's manifesto for the GHMC elections along with TPCC president N Uttam Kumar Reddy.
The party also promised to implement the NDMA guidelines, prepare a disaster management plan for Hyderabad, and conduct regular mock drills.
It also promised an advanced rainfall forecasting system. The other major promises include:
1. Constitution of a "Lakes Protection Authority" along with RWAs and protection of lakes from encroachment and land grabbing; and regular desilting of nalas and construction of retaining walls/fencing
2. Implementation of a comprehensive drainage system to prevent flooding in the limits of the HMDA, taking future urbanisation into account
3. Bringing Covid-19 treatment under Aarogyasri
4. Increase of Basthi Dawakhanas to 450 and extend operating hours to 9 pm in the slums
5. Free lab tests and free medicines at all health centres
6. Free local transportation for women, students, divyangans and senior citizens in the metro rail, MMTS trains and RTC buses
7. Extending of the metro rail to the Old City and airport
8. Monitoring and regulation of the "fee loot" by corporate and private schools and colleges
9. Free double bedroom house to every eligible beneficiary, Rs 8 lakh to families who have a plot to construct a house
10. Free water supply up to 30,000 litres per month per family, free drinking water connections
filed in: GHMC, Elections, GHMC Elections, Local Body Elections, Telangana Congress, Flood Relief
LEAVE A COMMENT
fullhyd.com has 700,000+ monthly visits. Tell Hyderabad what you feel about Congress Promises Rs 50,000 Flood Relief, Free Covid Treatment!