Wednesday, 27 May 2020 »  Login
in
»
I am at

Jagan Holds Review Meeting On Vizag Gas Leakage Incident

The AP CM was told that all possible precautions to prevent further loss of life in the accident had been taken, and that the situation was under control.
Hyderabad | 8th May 2020
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y S Jaganmohan Reddy today held a review meeting on the Vizag gas leakage accident for the second consecutive time in as many days.

The Chief Secretary of the state Neelam Sawhney, Visakhapatnam district Collector Vinay Chand and Visakhapatnam Police Commissioner R K Meena took part in the review through video conference.

Vinay Chand told the CM that the administration had taken all possible precautions to prevent further loss of life in the tragic incident, and that the situation was under control now.

The Chief Secretary told the CM that 60% of the poisonous chemical substance present in the tanker had been polymerised, and that the polymerisation of the remaining 40% would also be completed in the next two days.

She also told the CM that all the tanks in the LG Polymers factory were safe now.

She added that the high-power committee headed by the Special Chief Secretary of the state Neera Kumar Prasad would visit Vizag and launch an inquiry into the issue.

Speaking on the occasion, the CM asked the officials to complete their inquiry into the issue at the earliest and come up with a comprehensive strategy and a standard operating procedure to prevent such incidents in the future.

He also asked them to identify the factories located amidst residential areas and shift them.

Reddy also instructed the officials to take steps for the payment of the Rs 1 crore ex-gratia announced by him to the family members of those who had died in the incident.
filed in:  Andhra Pradesh, Visakhapatnam, Accidents, Industrial Accidents, Y S Jaganmohan Reddy
COMMENTS
Be the first to comment on Jagan Holds Review Meeting On Vizag Gas Leakage Incident! Just use the simple form below.
LEAVE A COMMENT
fullhyd.com has 700,000+ monthly visits. Tell Hyderabad what you feel about Jagan Holds Review Meeting On Vizag Gas Leakage Incident!
[no link to your name will appear, overriding global settings]
To preserve integrity, fullhyd.com allows ratings/comments only with a valid email. Your comments will be accepted once you give your email, and will be deleted if the email is not authenticated within 24 hours.
My name:

Dissatisfied with the results? Report a problem or error, or add a listing.
ADVERTISEMENT
SHOUTBOX!
{{todo.name}}
{{todo.date}}
[
]
{{ todo.summary }}... expand »
{{ todo.text }} « collapse
First  |  Prev  |   1   2  3  {{current_page-1}}  {{current_page}}  {{current_page+1}}  {{last_page-2}}  {{last_page-1}}  {{last_page}}   |  Next  |  Last
{{todos[0].name}}

{{todos[0].text}}

ADVERTISEMENT
This page was tagged for
hyderabad May 2020 News
Andhra Pradesh news
Visakhapatnam updates
Follow fullhyd.com on
© Copyright 1999-2009 LRR Technologies (Hyderabad), Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. fullhyd, fullhyderabad, Welcome To The Neighbourhood are trademarks of LRR Technologies (Hyderabad) Pvt Ltd. The textual, graphic, audio and audiovisual material in this site is protected by copyright law. You may not copy, distribute, or use this material except as necessary for your personal, non-commercial use. Any trademarks are the properties of their respective owners. More on Hyderabad, India. Jobs in Hyderabad.