In a shocking incident, a Sarpanch candidate and her mother were electrocuted to death at their residence in Vamtalapudi village in Warangal, on Monday.
The deceased, 22-year-old Kanchenapalli Roja, was one of the candidates contesting for the Sarpanch post in the Vamtalapudi Gram Panchayat. She got electrocuted while trying to fix a bulb at her house. Her mother, Ganta Yellamma (45), also lost her life while trying to rescue her.
Following Roja's death, the election for the Sarpanch post has been put off till a later date. However, it has been announced that the election to the post of ward members will be held as scheduled. (INN)